Sunday, May 21, 2006

Saturday

Lows:
Woke up at 9 and can't fall back to sleep!
Got a blood test and now have a 1 cm bruise.

Highs:
High tea @ the old curiosity tea shop

Interesting day yesterday. Went to the Old Curiosity Tea Co. for high tea with 可可 and 細V. The place was decorated in Victorian style, along with an old piano. The servers also dressed in Victorian style clothing.

Our server kept picking on me and said I seem like the wild one in the bunch and should try a tea that suits my "wildness". As boring as I am, I of course stuck with something "safe", the Victorian Markham. It smelt like Lipton, but it wasn't as strong. (A combination of Kenya, India and Ceylon teas. A perfect black tea blend for everyone, sipped by itself or with milk, lemon or sugar). 細V picked out a tea called Beckingham Palace Garden Party (A medium bodied black tea with soft hints of Earl Grey and Jasmine) recommended by our server. The smell was much stronger than our Victorian Markham, but it tasted quite well.

Sandwiches were next. We got a combination of bite size sandwiches:

  • english cucumber on white bread
  • hard boiled egg, watercress and cherry tomato on white bread
  • black forest ham on sunflower seed bread
  • cream cheese and smoked salmon in a roll (not sure what it's consisted of, other than cream cheese and smoked salmon)
  • celery and carrot sticks
Last but not least, pastries!!!!
  • chocolates
  • truffles
  • teapot shaped cookies (I think I'll end up calling everything a cookie, they probably have a more proper name)
  • strawberry jam cookie sandwich with icing on top
  • devonshire cream cookie sandwich with strawberry jam (this was highly recommended by our server, I'm not big on berries, but I really liked this one)
I thought the pastry was too sweet for my taste, but never the less, it was quite an interesting and fun afternoon!!! Thank you 可可 for treating!!!!

Went to 螢火星 for dinner/消夜. 細V helped me out with my resume editing, which apparently needed a lot of work!!!! I'll have to keep at it, hopefully polished enough before the deadline! Thanks, 細V!!!!!

P.S. Pics

No comments: