Friday, May 19, 2006

Doors Open Toronto

It is happening next weekend, May 27-28, seems quite interesting, you get to visit some buildings in Toronto which you don't usually get to visit and you can do it all for FREE!!!

Some interesting buildings I wanna visit:
51 Division Police Station - always wanted to visit a police station, being a police officer seems like a cool job!
Cadbury Chocolate Factory
Empire Sandy
Fort York - heard about it, but no idea what it is
Horse Palace - cute animals!!
John Street Roundhouse - train collection and rides
MEC - to see their recycled stairs and its green roof
Repath sugar refinery
Toronto Fire Services: Station 334
Toronto Police Service Marine Unit
Toronto's First Post Office
There's more.. but I think I named enough to keep me busy all weekend!!

I think this is a great event, get to get out of the house and visit places in Toronto. Anybody interested?

Doors Open Toronto

6 comments:

可可 said...

I am going on the Saturday - We went to CBC last year, Toronto Police Service Marine Unit and Fire Services. Those are cool. We also visitied Steam Whistle Brewery. The brewery gave out free beer and popcorns! Quite good. :)

The Horse Palace seems very interesting. Let me check out which time they are available and visit those.

gootoe said...

ooo.... is CBC interesting? I've never been to the fire station nor the police station before, really want to take a look!!

Steam Whistle seems interesting, I should give the free beer a try!!!!

細V said...

Free beer... that is definitely attractive...

gootoe said...

hahahahaha... I'm thinking that I should give my first beer tasting to free beer at the brewery

可可 said...

You never had beer? Then might as well go to the free beer.
CBC was alright. Long lineup for us to go up to the studios (guide tour) - we mainly picked last year places that are normally not opened to public.

gootoe said...

nope.. never had beer before, once again proving that I'm not as "wild" as some people think.

ya, that's very true, should go to places that usually aren't open to the public.