Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter
Installed Ghost Reocn: Advanced Warfighter today. However, it took much longer than I expected. The game itself took like 20 mins to install. When I ran the game, it wouldn't run and kept giving me a "Ati2dvag stopped responding" error or just rebooted by itself. Googled this problem, figured out that the video card driver was old and needed an update. I ended up spending a hour trying to find a new driver from ATI, uninstalling the current driver and installing the new catalyst driver. But knowing my luck, of course that didn't work.
Just as I was scratching my head and wondering if I really have to give up playing this game (or get a new computer), I stumbled onto this article, "ATI driver patcher: a notebook lifesaver". Using the software mentioned in the article and followed the instructions and voila, got the game to run!!!!! However, the game's not running smoothly even with the settings set to low.
Played the mission, but got the feeling that my favorite game series (Tom Clancy's Rainbow 6 and Ghost Recon) aren't what they used to be after Ubisoft got involved.. it's not as fun since the game play and storyline have changed (for the worse).... I was definitely disappointed in the latest Rainbow 6 game, and I have a feeling that I will be disappointed in this new Ghost Recon game too!!

No comments:
Post a Comment