Saturday, April 29, 2006

Good Food Festival

Went to the Good Food Festival today with a friend and brother. It was held at International Centre in Mississauga. According to the directions, it was supposed to be easy to get to.. however, we still end up getting lost since the directions on the international centre site said to exit at Dixon, but we didn't see it (because there wasn't one, we're supposed to exit at Airport Rd instead), so we ended up going up north and all the way up to Hwy 7...


A nice day outside!!!

We got there at around 2. There weren't a lot of people inside, which is good. There were quite a bit of tasting, things like juice, ice cream, pasta, burgers and yogurt, just to name a few... my friend and I were full after walking through the first couple of aisles, there were a total of 5 aisles. There were also some deals inside, like bread and bag of potatoes for a dollar, but nothing really interested us, probably because we were there more to taste than to buy.


Taken at the entrance

Overall, you get a tasting of different products and buy at special price. Not sure if I was expecting a lot from this event or there just wasn't too many interesting things... but it wasn't as interesting as I thought, I was a bit disappointed actually.

2 comments:

細V said...

doh.. no wine and cheese? did u watch those live cooking class as well? although it wasn't as interesting as it could be but I still wish I could be there!

gootoe said...

wine and cheese? I think there was a cheese tasting.. but there were a lot of people lining up... as for wine.. I don't recall there was any... the cooking class... I wasn't too interesting, I was standing there watching one, it seems a bit unorganized and there were a lot of people standing around, so I couldn't see very well..