Thursday, April 27, 2006

Dazed and Confused

今天發生咗好多事...有點唔知點算好... I'm getting a feeling of surrealism and confusion...

I've been told today by my boss that since the website has been up and running, my service is no longer needed. So I'm going to be out of a job at the end of May. Now that she's laying me off, I can actually collect EI and look for a job or study. I am kind of happy about this, since I've been wanting to leave the company. Some of my co-workers were actually congratulating me, that I'm getting a 解脫 from this company. However, this is going to throw me off a bit since I was planning to stay there until September and should have money to go to HK and Japan in October. Now that this has happened, I'm not sure if I'll have enough money. I'm a little bit upset over this then the fact that I'm being laid off.

In the afternoon, heard about some sad news about a friend's grandpa... suddenly felt that life's so fragile... really have to cherish moments with your family and friends. Thus, I think I really should go back to HK more often to visit my grandpa and grandma...

Went to a Japanese restaurant for dinner (think it's owned by a Japanese), the sushi's quite fresh and the cake's quite good also... but it's fairly expensive. We had sushi, bento box (sashimi, fried chicken, and unagi rice) and curry rice. Also ordered some white peach alcoholic drink in a can. (had a few sips and now I'm very very sleepy). The cake was pretty good also, we tried mocha cheesecake, green tea cake and chocolate sake cake. The green tea cake was very fluffy and soft. Heard that their high tea set is not bad. People who like cakes should give it a try.

Le Cafe Michi
1802 Pharmacy Avenue (Shepperd and Pharmacy)

4 comments:

細V said...

I had the same confused feeling today. Your news shocked me at first and then my news shocked me afterwards.

I don't know if I should congratulate you or not. Guess it's time for a change and everything kinda work your way. But as I always say.. "Don't worry, everything will be OK!"

gootoe said...

I guess your news and mine shocked both of us...

I was happy for my news today.. but now.. I don't know what I'm feeling... I guess it's a little bit of confusion and despair, not having a job and stable income, or maybe the feeling of starting something new, uncertainty of the future and missing co-workers.

細V said...

well.. good thing u r not leaving right away.. still give you some time to adjust ge..

可 能 係 個 天 註 定 你 一 定 要 轉 工 ﹐知 你 蹉 "tor"落 去 棧 晒 咗 你 嘅 青 春 。 。 。

gootoe said...

ya.. maybe... just wished that this change could have waited til September.. but oh well... things can't always go your way...