Problems with IIS
Been having a lot of problems lately at work with ASP.NET and C#, and even more problems at home trying to set up all the environments, especially with IIS.
Just thought I would write this down so I won't have to pull out my hair again later on.. trying to find the solutions to the problems I've seen today:
Firefox - Prompt for username and password at http://localhost
Solution:
IIS uses Integrated Authentication and by default IE has the ability to use your windows user account...but don't worry, so does Firefox but you'll have to make a quick configuration change.
- Open up Firefox and type in about:config as the url
- In the Filter Type in ntlm
- Double click "network.automatic-ntlm-auth.trusted-uris" and type in localhost and hit enter
Switching Versions of the ASP.Net Framework - The Fast Way
Check IIS and ASP.NET versions if problems arise. The latest IIS Manager can be found here:
IIS.net

No comments:
Post a Comment