Monday, September 11, 2006

有驚無險...

A friend allowed me to drive his manual today. Only had like 2 min review and then I was on the road. It was the second time I drove a manual car. Drove from my house to Yonge and Hwy 7, then up to Yonge and Elgin Mills and then back down to Hwy and Kennedy. It was definitely pretty scary... especially when I had to start up from a stop position with the car facing up the hill, and the car kept rolling backwards. I was so scared that our car will hit the car behind us. But thankfully, I made it through the trips without any accidents. Other than a bumpy ride and the car dying about 6 times, it was a pretty good trip.

I have to get a nap in now, the driving trip today was quite draining (mentally).....

2 comments:

細V said...

Glad you made it home safely!

I don't think I'll ever ever drive a manual car.. :P can barely drive an automatic...

gootoe said...

It's not very hard to drive a manual ge... I guess you have to be forced into driving one, then you will get better... and not get nervous when there's cars following you.

I'm sure I was as scared/worried as today when I was learning to drive an automatic.